September 22, 2013

Hongkong - Day 2

After an exhausting day 1 I slept in on Sunday. The weather turned to hot an really wet, courtesy of approaching super typhoon Usagi which is expected to hit in the evening... According to South Chinese Morning Post it is the worst typhoon world.wide of 2013.
So I decided to stay dry at home, left only twice to buy breakfast and lunch.

For lunch I went to Ajisen Ramen, a Japanese noodle soup chain, also around the corner in Jaffe Rd. 
Since I left out lunch I bought two soups for take-away, a pork loin with spring onion Ramen..


..and Hokaido Scallops Ramen.



The broth comes separately, one pours it together at home so the veggies are still fresh and tasty. It was actually very good, they will see me more often in the next weeks.


Here are the official names of both of the meals on the bill :-)




Then, while posting pictures of day 1 I waited for Usagi. During the day typhoon warning level 3 was hoisted, which means approaching typhoon within 300km. Later at 7pm it was changed to level 8, 'typhoon is here'. Ship traffic on the harbour almost ceased and also restaurants and shops close. People should stay home, public transport also closes, I can still see some buses going, though.


There wasn't much to see on the streets so far, besides some blown umbrellas, suffering palm trees in the wind and one damaged advertising poster. People seem to be very relaxed about it. 


Latest news was that the center of Usagi will hit the coast 100km north from Hongkong, it changed its way.
So probably we won't see the highest warning level of 11...which has the meaning of 'a direct hit'.

I guess I'll sleep well tonight despite the typhoon, air has cooled down to agreeable 27 and also now there is a nice air flow through my small apartment window which I like very much :-)