September 24, 2013

Hongkong - Day 4

School started today, I learned my first Chinese words!! It was quite fun and somehow I get the idea that with a giant effort it is possible to learn the Chinese language. Well, probably not within one lifetime..

After school I went to Times Square for some more shopping. I am still in need for something to dress when it's about 35+ degrees outside. Picture shows a view from the 12th floor onto the place in front of the building. 


Times Square mall actually has some real fine dining options in the upper floors. I slipped into one of the rather casual places and had tea. The tea was good although it was English Breakfast :-( Next time I have to ask for Chinese tea. The choice of desserts was very good, though. I decided on a huge warm brownie with vanilla ice and chocolate sauce, simply delicious.


Then back home early, I had to go to the coin laundry. Some impressions from the way home passing through Lockhart and Percival Roads.


The lady with the orange sign advertises some promotion from Fortress, a famous electronics store chain here. I looks very interesting but I've no idea what's this about. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can read it and report the details :-)


It rained several times today, but each time no longer than 15 minutes. 




This time I actually bought something, yeah :-)


To celebrate the shopping success I again went to Ajisen Ramen around the corner. 


This time I tried Shio Koji Ramen with fried pork belly, great. My favorite so far. I also had some very good Japanese dumplings as an appetizer, also simpy perfect. So far the Japanese cuisine has beaten the Chinese one on my top list.


Also I like the stylish Japanese interior style much more, at least judging from what I saw on my first 4 days.


Last activity today was to buy breakfast bananas from the Wellcome supermarket.